Lead and manage track maintenance crews day to day in the safe, efficient and most economical performance of their duties to ensure that CMQ’s track structure is maintained to meet FRA and/or Transport Canada and CMQ standards.
1) Coordinate and plan ordinary maintenance and program track work with other departments to maximize track work and train operations.
2) Perform track inspections and monitor track inspectors to ensure quality inspections and safe train operations.
3) Work with track crews and use on-track equipment to perform repairs and maintenance. Must be able to perform the functions outlined on trackman – machine operator functional job description.
4) Follow and monitor work practices, safety related issues to improve quality and performance.
5) Monitor and enforce FRA and/or Transport Canada & CMQ compliance along with company policies, rules and standards.
6) Work with local agencies on railroad issues to create and continue good relations.
7) Plan and provide information for future track improvements with VP Engineering and Operations.
8) Oversee program gangs and third party work being performed on territory.
9) Manage labor, tools and materials for field forces to perform track maintenance.
1) Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in Maintenance of Way track standards and policies.
2) Familiar with FRA and/or, Transport Canada &CMQ track standards.
3) Familiar with and able to apply safety rules and procedures.
4) Individual must be fluent in English and French
5) Self motivated and good communication skills to work with other departments and public agencies.
6) Establish track maintenance budgets for territory based on historical data, and operational requirements. Control costs and manage territory to stay within budget limits.
7) Monitor projects to ensure materials and resources are provided to meet schedules and budgets.
8) Travel and overnight stays may be required.