Katahdin Railcar Services (KRS) is a new facility with the purpose of cleaning rail cars in Milo ME. The cleaning procedure generates an industrial wastewater stream which must be treated and recycled for the cleaning process. KRS has invested in a full recycle, physical chemical treatment process centered around dissolved air floatation (DAF) and filtration for recycling the wastewater back to the cleaning process. We welcome qualified applicants to come and join our team and work on one of the most advanced cleaning/recycle processes in the Country.
● A dedicated individual who recognizes that this is a production environment and that an inventory of treated water must be maintained to allow the facility to conduct its cleaning operations.
● A “Hands On” individual who is willing to undertake maintenance tasks including:
– Centrifugal and AOD pump repair tasks.
– Analytical equipment calibration and service.
– Housekeeping activities.
● Professional operators with a Phys-Chem certification are preferred. Professional operators with grades I-V biological certifications will also receive preferred consideration.
● Prior physical chemical WWT plant operational experience preferred but not mandatory.
● An organized individual who will be responsible for coordinating chemical inventory for the treatment plant and organizing hauled disposal of solid waste from the facility. Will also be responsible for completing and tracking all paperwork to comply with Maine DEP and our various permits.
KRS is a heavy industrial work environment. This includes the movement and cleaning of rail car assets. Strong strength chemical products including Sulfuric Acid and Caustic Soda are utilized by the WWT system. Applicant must be willing to work in the industrial setting as described and handle chemical products as required. Applicant is required wear appropriate PPE for the various job tasks assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUISITES: Applicant will be required to lift bags of filter aid or filter socks which weigh 50-75lbs on regular basis.
POSTION LOCATION: Milo, Maine