We are seeking a competent entry-level Billing Specialist to undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company’s revenues and control compliance. The candidate will ensure compliance with the Association of American Railroads (AAR) billing rules and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Wage: $18.50 / hr.
Milo, Maine Campus full-time with approximately 3-4 days a month at the Bangor, Maine HQ office.
• Generate accurate and timely customer invoices and reconcile them through the appropriate IT systems.
• Ensure that all billing transactions are prepared on the basis of supporting documentation, in a timely manner.
• Reconcile customer quotation data, customer purchase order data, job status data and actual billing data on an on-going basis.
• Ensure pricing compliance – confirming prices charged to customers via invoices are appropriate per approved company established pricing.
• Prepare, analyze and review metrics with the business team documenting and explaining variances from plan.
• Generate thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data.
• Ensure that all work completed / shipped has been billed and that exceptions are promptly solved.
• Send invoice transactions [confirm invoice receipt] directly to customers upon work completion.
• Where a specific agreement governs a job or customer, ensure invoices are processed within the terms of the related agreement.
• Develop and maintain business process documentation.
• Assist in the company’s monthly, quarterly and yearly closing cycles.
• Build and maintain successful inter-departmental relationships necessary for project support.
Non-Essential Duties: Performs other financial/business related duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
• High degree of motivation.
• Associate’s degree in Accounting/Business with a working knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles.
• Ability to define problems without a guide.
• Ability to ask questions that challenge common assumptions.
• Ability to persuade others that yours is the right course.
• Ability to re-organize information into new patterns.
• Ability to evaluate and present ideas in order to streamline or automate processes
• Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal stakeholders and third-parties and have data errors/omissions identified and corrected.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
• Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced manufacturing job-shop environment.
Language Skills: Excellent English and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to speak or write French would be a plus.
Travel: 5% to 10% or less.